Setting and architecture have long made the Chapel a popular site for weddings. The exterior and Sanctuary have offered a beautiful backdrop for couples entering God’s sacred Covenant of Marriage since 1915. As a place of worship, the Chapel provides a sense of God’s Presence and draws the congregation and the couple together.
If you are interested in having your wedding at the Chapel we would be happy to assist you. Please click on an area of interest below for information regarding weddings at the Chapel. Should any question remain after viewing this material, please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Chapel was built in 1915 as a school and Church for the residents who worked and lived at Longview Farm. The school area has been converted into offices, but the Sanctuary remains much the same as it was in 1915. The Sanctuary’s size will seat comfortably a MAXIMUM of 120 GUESTS, which eliminates larger weddings, but provides a very pleasant and intimate atmosphere for the small to average sized wedding. There is a small Nave or Narthex, entrance foyer, in the rear of the Sanctuary that will accommodate a guest registration area.
As you make your decision, please be aware we do not have one center aisle; our Sanctuary is divided into three sections with two inside and two outside aisles. Traditionally the wedding party enters down one aisle and exits out the other as a married couple.
Our Narthex, main center entrance or foyer into the Sanctuary, at the rear of the Sanctuary is unfortunately not accessible from the inside. Therefore, the bridal party must exit the building through the lower level and follow the sidewalk to the Narthex, front main entrance or foyer. An alternate option would be to enter from the front side aisle and walk to the rear of the church and up to the altar. A suggestion for the bridal party is for one set to walk down one aisle and the other down the other aisle towards the altar. This extended walk can actually allow the bride and her attendants greater opportunity to see guests, while allowing more guests to view the bride and wedding party.
We welcome and encourage visitors to come and see the Chapel before making any decision. The Chapel is open from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and by appointment.
When booking a wedding at the Chapel the following is included:
- Use of the Sanctuary for 4 hours on the day of the wedding.
- Use of the Sanctuary for 1 hour for a rehearsal.
- Pastoral leadership is required and included.
Use of the following Sanctuary items:
- Communion Table with or without cross and two Christ Candles. White “Altar Cloth” on table.
- Two seven-candle candelabras w/ oil filled candles
- Two tapers for candle lighters
- Use of piano (Does not include pianist)
- Use of Sound System (Does not include operator)
- 1 Handheld mic available
- Use of Dressing area for Bridal party and Groomsmen
- Small guest book table
Our Sanctuary is wheelchair accessible but wheelchairs are limited to front rows of Sanctuary because of narrow aisles.
No decorations are provided for a wedding. If a party wishes, they may use the seasonal flower arrangements already in the Sanctuary. Those wishing to decorate the Sanctuary must uphold the following guidelines:
- Decorations are allowed on pews and candelabras as long as attachment material does not scratch or damage.
- Two ceramic and two wooden stands are available for flowers.
- All seasonal worship decorations will be removed from the Chancel area.
Exception: During the Advent / Christmas season the Sanctuary decorations must be left in place; only Chancel decorations will be removed if desired.
Please plan to handle all deliveries to the Chapel within the time allotted for your use. Someone from your party must be present to oversee any delivery. All equipment and decorations that are not the property of the Chapel must be removed from the building immediately following the service.
MUSICAL ACCOMPANIST AND EQUIPMENT
The wedding package includes use of the equipment but NOT the musician or technician to operate them.
These services can be provided by the wedding couple or the Church can recommend persons to fill this need.
The following equipment is available:
- Roland KR-375 digital piano
- 1 hand held mic
- Other wired mics with boom stands are available
- Four music stands are available
- CD player into sound system for recorded music
- Meet with couple a few months before the wedding for a get acquainted time and to discuss the format of service. Couple has input in the make-up of their wedding service.
- If couple desires, pastor offers a two-hour session that revolves around a “Personality Profile” based on the Meyers-Briggs test. This session is optional. Pastor will be happy to explain this session further if interested.
- A final meeting, can be done by Zoom, a week or so before the wedding to review plans and make any last minute adjustments.
- The wedding package does include the services of the Chapel Pastor.
A member of the Church will be present to provide hospitality and answer your questions.
In 2001, Longview Chapel completed an addition to the Chapel that included “Long Hall,” a 23 ft. by 51 ft. meeting area. Long Hall will seat 80 people with a buffet serving table. The following equipment is provided when the Long Hall is rented. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about receptions.
- Eleven 2½ x 8 ft. tables
- Eight 2½ x 6 ft. tables
- Two 4 x 2 ft. tables
- Eighty padded chairs
The adjoining kitchen may be used for serving of food but NOT for meal preparation. Kitchen equipment and supplies may NOT be used without permission. Kitchen must be left clean and neat.
Custodian is not responsible for taking down decorations or cleaning off tables.
OTHER ITEMS OF IMPORTANCE
- ALCOHOL/SMOKING GUIDELINES: This is a TOBACCO/VAPING AND ALCOHOL-FREE site in the Church building and the grounds. This includes the restrooms as well as the parking lot area. Those renting Long Hall shall be responsible for seeing that ALL guests are advised of this regulation.
- Rice & Birdseed Prohibited: Only bubbles or live flower petals may be used to anoint the bride and groom following the service.
- Not Responsible For: Personal valuables or belongings of wedding party or guests. Leave all valuable belongings and gifts in the care of family members or friends during the service. The Church is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Marriage License: Must be secured by the bride and groom from the state in which your marriage is to be performed. It MUST be secured at least three days before the ceremony. The license should be brought to the rehearsal and given to the minister presiding over the service. In Missouri the Minister must complete the license and return it to the state.
During winter months, those renting Long Hall are responsible for up to $700.00 for snow removal.
For a complete list of fees and more information, please contact our office at 816.763.6290 or email email@example.com