Longview Chapel Christian Church seeks a person of the Christian faith to be our Youth Ministry Director. This person will work for 10 to 12 hours per week to help provide the following:
· Teach Sunday School for grades 6-12 on Sundays from 9 to 10 a.m. The person will be at the church and prepared to teach by 8:45 a.m. and then join the Family Worship Service until after the Children’s Moment, when children will be guided downstairs for Sunday School.
· Follow up and support of families
o Contacting visitors by email or phone weekly
o Staying aware of families who are missing and connecting when families are unexplainably gone for 2 Sundays or more
o Relaying to pastor and Children’s Ministry Director pastoral needs in families, as appropriate
o As possible, attending school or other events for youth, two per youth per year at a minimum.
o Making hospital visits to children as appropriate.
· Be present most Sundays between 8:45 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. and attend both worship services.
· Volunteer support and recruitment, specifically supporting the Youth Ministry Team Chair to set agendas, budgets, etc.
· Assist in curriculum selection
· Leadership and recruitment for events, including, but not limited to
o Youth Lock-In
o Summer mission trip
o Monthly events varying in focus on the spiritual, service and recreational needs of our youth
· Supervision of Sunday School teachers and volunteers for youth
· Attend Youth Ministry Team meetings
· Attend a monthly staff meeting
· Attend Board meeting quarterly
· Assist, when asked to help lead worship. This could include giving a Children’s Moment, but would not be limited to this.
The qualified candidate will be:
· A person with a personal Christian spiritual walk
· Have some experience with children and volunteers
· Be creative, fun, enthusiastic, organized and conscientious
· Have strong references
· Pass a background check
· Be able to be flexible with hours and adjust as needed.
Compensation would be $1000 per month and 2 weeks paid vacation. Mileage to events of students’ events or to parishioners’ homes will be paid at the IRS rate. Business expenses of $20 per month or $240 per year will be reimbursed with receipts.
The Youth Ministry Director will report to the Senior Pastor.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com