I have the blessing of being raised in a big, strong, loving, Christian family. The passion of my life is my Faith. Having served congregations for more than 30 years, I hold Master’s degrees in both Church Music and Divinity with an undergraduate degree in Music Education/Music Therapy. I am ordained as a Minister through the American Baptist denomination, and most of my ministerial experience is working directly with Children and Youth.
I love sports, camping, nature, art, painting, science, music, research, computers, sewing, missions, sail boating, and horseback riding. I work in surgery as a Surgical Technologist and am currently progressing that career thread toward a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing.
Youth have an important voice. I am here to help find that voice and explore the depths of the unique and wonderful person God created you to be. Along the way, we will discover ways to intelligently communicate your story to your family, your peers, your community and the world. I’ll walk beside you as you find out how greatly you are adored by the God who made us all.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Longview Chapel Christian Church
Church Administrative Assistant
Hours: (20 Hours per week) Schedule below is preferred, but can be flexible
Mon – Fri 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Paid Holidays (when office is closed during normal work day)
1 Week paid vacation after 1 year of service and 5 paid personal days
Reports to: Personnel Chairperson and Pastors
The Church Administrative Assistant assists the Ministers, other Church Staff and the Ministry Chairpersons in the administration, organization and Ministry activities of the church. The Church Administrative Assistant will oversee items such as, but not limited to, the Master Church Calendar, preparation of the weekly worship bulletins, the monthly newsletter and wedding bookings and calendar. The Church Administrative Assistant performs general secretarial duties as well as other clerical needs required by the Pastors and other Church Staff.
The Church Administrative Assistant acts as a greeter when people call or come to the church office; creating a welcoming and inviting environment is essential. The Church Administrative Assistant is expected to present her/himself in a manner that is in keeping with the morals and values of the Christian faith. Confidentiality is of the highest importance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Publisher. Access Database is a plus.
- Discretion, a positive attitude, self-starter, strong problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, familiarity with office equipment. .
- Meets regularly with staff for program and calendar review.
- Prepares weekly worship bulletins, bulletin inserts and special bulletins (seasonal, etc).
- Prepares weekly PowerPoint for worship announcements.
- Updates made to Website, Facebook, etc.
- Oversees “ONE” Master church calendar.
- Produce a “Draft” of future year’s calendar each summer for church Planning Session (usually in January). Attend annual leadership and planning sessions.
- Oversee the production of the Monthly Church Newsletter. Work with Ministry Groups to get info for the newsletter. Create, print and upload to the website and email for electronic delivery. Allow time for proofreading.
- Recruit and work with volunteers to ensure attendance sheets and pew pad sign-in sheets are updated each week. Remove previous week’s bulletin and save any inserts for reuse. Ensure pew pads are full and pews have enough Prayer Cards, Transfer of Membership Cards, Giving Envelopes, Online Giving, and pens.
- Send visitor’s letter(s) with a business card and update visitors log ion the excel sheet and the attendance numbers.
- Update list of weekly birthdays and anniversaries. Place copies on both the pulpit and music stand.
- Post serving schedules and calendars the first day of the month and update the website calendar.
- Answer phones, take messages and make calls as needed.
- Daily: check email and respond as necessary.
- Daily: get, open, and distribute mail to all staff and ministry leaders.
- Oversee office needs, ordering office supplies and postage; oversee office equipment maintenance and contracts.
- Maintain church member and guest databases.
- Produce All Church Directory each January and provide updated copies as requested.
- Keep church bulletin boards current in consultation with the ministers.
- Oversee bookings of the church for weddings, keep wedding calendar, track bookings and deposits. Show potential wedding clients the church and answer questions. Communicate all wedding information to pastors and wedding custodian and provide timely reminders for upcoming events.
- Work with the Property Committee to manage use of Long Hall.
- Upload the sermon on the website the first of the week.
- Constant Contact weekly Wednesday email.
- Other duties as assigned.
Advanced notice is required (preferably 2 weeks) when requesting time away from the office, except in the event of illness. This will allow time for volunteers to be located to cover responsibilities.