15He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
(This is taken from the NIV Bible, please read all the verse by clicking on the verse notation.)
Longview Chapel's Evangelism Ministry Team provides the Church with several events throughout each year. Our Evangelism Ministry Team is comprised of adult members of our Church who organize and host these important events to bring our new and regularly attending members together with existing members to build relationships within the church.
The Evangelism Ministry Team's responsibilities include:
- Host the Inquirer’s Dinner twice a year. This is a time when regular attending and new members are invited to find out more about our church with some members of the congregation and the church leadership.
- Provide lunch for the Baptismal Candidates during the Pastor’s Class. This gives us an opportunity to serve the younger members of the church who are making this faith journey.
- Host the Card Shower for the Baptismal Candidates. This is a special time for those making their confession of faith and baptism so to show our outpouring of love and support in their decision we invite the entire congregation to bring a card for each of them.
- Ice Cream Social. This is an annual event designed to bring families of the church together for fun and fellowship. We have live entertainment to go with the cool treats. There is no charge for the event, but we do accept a love offering. All proceeds received from this event are put towards purchasing and installing a new sign for the church. We are hoping that the 2010 event will put us over the top so that we can move forward with the sign.
- Host the Longview Music and Art Festival Artist's Group Breakfast and Awards. We welcome the artists for a hot breakfast when they are showing their pieces at the festival the first weekend in October.
- Visitor Contact – We like to say hello to those who join us in worship by sending a card or making a call. If you visit us, please let us know you were there by signing the pew pad before you leave.
Our team welcomes others who want to join us to help with these very important events. Please contact us if you would like more information.